Michael Tremer, developer for the ipfire.org team, has announced IPFire 2.13, a new development release of the popular Linux-based firewall distribution.
After numerous development versions, IPFire 2.13 has arrived and it's a big release, with a huge amount of changes.
Highlights of IPFire 2.13:
• The most important components of the base system have been updated to include a brand new kernel based on the Linux 3.2 release;
• A new algorithm called CoDeL has been added. This new algorithm shares the bandwidth fairly between all connections;
• The ARM versions of IPFire are now stable;
• The IPsec implementation strongswan recently released a new version which cleaned up a significant amount of old code;
• Proper support for 5 GHz WLANs has been implemented.
A complete list of changes and updates can be found in the official announcement.
Download IPFire 2.13 right now from Softpedia.