Evince, a document viewer for multiple document formats, which aims to replace the multiple document viewers existing on the GNOME Desktop with a single simple application, is now at version 3.8.1.
Evince 3.8 Beta marks yet another step forward for the software in its way to the final version. As usual, there are quite a few changes.
Highlights of Evince 3.8 Beta 1:
• Support for activation actions of form fields has been added;
• Navigation history buttons have been added to the toolbar;
• Accelerators are now shown in the view menu;
• Show as much text as possible for index tree;
• Initial rotation is now used to render pages in DJVU backend.
Download Evince 3.8 Beta 1 right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a development version and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended for testing purposes only.