Evince, a document viewer for multiple document formats, which aims to replace the multiple document viewers existing on the GNOME Desktop with a single simple application, is now at version 3.8.1.Evince 3.8 Beta marks yet another step forward for the software in its way to the final version. As usual, there are quite a few changes.
Highlights of Evince 3.8 Beta 1:
• Support for activation actions of form fields has been added;
• Navigation history buttons have been added to the toolbar;
• Accelerators are now shown in the view menu;
• Show as much text as possible for index tree;
• Initial rotation is now used to render pages in DJVU backend.
Download Evince 3.8 Beta 1 right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a development version and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended for testing purposes only.