Following the release of Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS, Canonical has released the Edubuntu 12.04.2 LTS operating system, along with Kubuntu, Mythbuntu, Xubuntu, and Ubuntu Server.Edubuntu 12.04.2 LTS is the second Long Term Support release of the Edubuntu project. Being supported for 5 years, Canonical will keep it alive until April 2017.
Highlights of Edubuntu 12.04.2 LTS:
• The distribution now features Epoptes, a classroom administration tool that replaces iTal;
• LTSP has been updated to the latest upstream version (5.3.x);
• Due to the Long Term Support commitment, Java is no longer included by default;
• The KDE version of edubuntu-desktop will still be supported on a best effort basis, but it isn't covered by the LTS support term;
• LibreOffice has been updated to 3.5.4.
The complete announcement has a comprehensive list of updates, features and changes.
For those wondering, if your Edubuntu 12.04 LTS installation is up-to-date, there's no need to download the ISO images and reinstall the whole distribution.
Download Edubuntu 12.04.2 LTS right now from Softpedia.