E2fsprogs, a tool which provides the filesystem utilities for use with the ext2 filesystem and which also supports the ext3 and ext4 filesystems, is now at version 1.42.7.Highlights of E2fsprogs 1.42.7:
• Warnings have been added to mke2fs, resize2fs, and tune2fs that the bigalloc and quota features are still under development;
• Some new options to filefrag from Lustre's patches to e2fsprogs have been added;
• resize2fs has been fixed so that it can handle off-line resizes of file systems with the flex_bg feature but without a resize_inode (or if we run out of reserved gdt blocks);
• A resize2fs bug which could cause it to corrupt bigalloc file systems when doing an off-line resize, has been fixed;
• Further optimize resize2fs so it doesn't use quite as much CPU when resizing very large file systems.
Check out the official announcement for a complete list of changes and fixes.
Download E2fsprogs 1.42.7 right now from Softpedia.