DracoLinux, an independently developed GNU/Linux distribution for i486 compatible computers, with focus on simplicity and flexibility, has reached version 0.4.0 Alpha 1.
DracoLinux 0.4.0 Alpha 1 is the first snapshot from the 0.4.0 branch. This release is mainly for developer and testers, but users can install it too, with the necessary precautions.
Highlights of DracoLinux 0.4.0 Alpha 1:
• ext4 support has been added to the installer;
• xz support has been added to the installer;
• The distribution now uses txz instead tgz;
• pkgsrc build server has been upgraded to 0.3.99, through ssh;
• Backport drm to kernel has been done.
Download DracoLinux 0.4.0 Alpha 1 right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a beta version and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended for testing purposes only.