Vala, a programming language that aims to bring modern features to GNOME developers without imposing any additional runtime requirements and without using a different ABI compared to applications and libraries written in C, is now at version 0.17.7.
The developers of Vala have slowly introduced a number of new features and quite a few changes in the course of the last few months. Among its features we can mention:
· libgnome-menu-3.0 bindings have been added;
· Bug fixes and binding updates have been implemented;
· GenericEvent bindings for X11 have been added;
· Deprecated symbols from gtk+-3.0 have been marked as such;
· ResizeMode.IMMEDIATE from has been marked as deprecated;
· GIR-based bindings have been updated;
· genie has been updated to include fixes from vala parser.
A complete list of changes and updates is available in the official announcement.
Download Vala 0.17.7 right now from Softpedia.