Slackware Linux, a complete 32-bit multitasking "UNIX-like" system that is currently based around the 3.2 Linux kernel series, is now at version 14.0.Following months of testing and a year after the previous stable version, the new and improved Slackware Linux 14.0 is finally here, featuring some interesting updates.
Highlights of Slackware Linux 14.0:
• Linux kernel 3.2.29 LTS is now used in the distro;
• X.org has been updated to version X11R7.7;
• Mozilla Firefox has been updated to version 15.0.1;
• LLVM/clang compiler has been added;
• NetworkManager has been added for easy setup and management of wired and wireless networking;
• The desktops and window managers have been updated to more recent versions.
A complete changelog that encompasses all the changes and the updates can be found in the official announcement.
Download Slackware Linux 14.0 right now from Softpedia.