Dota 2, Valve's own take on the famous Dota mode for Warcraft 3, is now available for the Linux platform.Beside the official support for the Linux platform, Valve also released a generous patch for this free to play title.
Highlights of the latest Dota 2 update:
• Official support has been added for the Linux platform;
• A match making option has been added to opt out the Limited Hero mode;
• The Play Tab will now remember your previous selection;
• Various progression bugs have been fixed in Mechanics II;
• Solo Championship Voting has been added.
Minimum Linux System Requirements: Ubuntu 12.04, Dual Core from Intel or AMD at 2.8 GHz, 4GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce 8600/9600GT, ATI/AMD Radeaon HD2600/3600 (Graphic Drivers: Nvidia 310, AMD 12.11), OpenGL 2.1, 4GB Hard Drive Space, OpenAL Compatible Sound Card.
More details about the free-to-play Dota 2 update can be found on the Steam website. If you want to test Dota 2 you will have to download and play the “Testing” version.