The distribution also makes use of Mate 1.6 desktop environment
Brian Manderville has announced that a new version has been released and the branch of Descent|OS has been updated to version 4.0.1.The distribution is based on Debian Wheezy (7.0) and the focus of the build is stability, rather than development.
Highlights of Descent|OS 4.0.1:
• Mate 1.6 has been included in the distribution;
• Mozilla Firefox has been updated to version 20;
• Thunderbird has replaced Claws-mail;
• Libreoffice has replaced Apache OpenOffice;
• Mint’s software center has been added as an alternative to Synaptic;
• Openshot has replaced Pitivi;
• For the first time, GIMP has been included in the distribution;
• Gwibber has been included as the default Twitter client
Descent|OS 4.0.1 con be considered as a Long Term Service release. A complete list of fixes and improvements can be found in the official announcement.
Download Descent|OS 4.0.1 right now from Softpedia.