The Debian project announced the immediate availability for download of the first maintenance release of the Debian 7 Linux operating system.Debian 7.1 is just a maintenance update with a lot of fixes and security updates implemented.
Highlights of Debian 7.1:
• /etc/default/alsa-base is now correctly used for configuration;
• Multiarch co-installability has been restored;
• Support for jessie has been added;
• HTTPS is now used for connections to drupal.org;
• A crash and potential DoS (gpsd) have been fixed;
• xserver-xorg-input-vmmouse has been added to -all on i386 and amd64 architectures.
Check out the complete changelog in the official announcement.
Users who already have a Debian 7.0 installation won't have to reinstall the system all over again. They just need to perform a regular update, as only a small number of packages will be downloaded from security.debian.org.
Download Debian 7.1 right now from Softpedia.