This is just maintenance update featuring security fixes
The Debian project announced the immediate availability for download of the seventh maintenance release of the Debian 6 Linux operating system.Debian 6.0.7 is just a maintenance update with very few changes, asides from the updates implemented to plug various security problems.
Highlights of Debian 6.0.7:
• The detection of squeeze-updates and squeeze has been improved;
• Don't allow jobs access to other jobs' temporary files;
• Dependency on liburi-perl has been added and it’s used during package configuration;
• The URL for master mirror list has been updated;
• NULL pointer dereference has been fixed;
• Avoid code execution in setuid/setgid binaries;
• Avoid using memcpy on overlapping regions;
Check out the complete changelog in the official announcement.
Users who already have a Debian 6.0 installation won't have to reinstall the system all over again. They just need to perform a regular update, as only a small number of packages will be downloaded from security.debian.org.
Download Debian 6.0.7 right now from Softpedia.