A few important options were implemented in this development version
GNU Ddrescue, a data recovery tool, which can be used to copy data from one file or block device (hard disk, CD-Rom, etc.) to another, in an effort to rescue information in case of read errors, is now at version 1.7 Pre1.Ddrescuelog 1.7 Pre1 is able to manipulate ddrescue logfiles, show logfile contents, convert logfiles to/from other formats, compare logfiles, test rescue status, and delete a logfile if the rescue is done.
Highlights of Ddrescue 1.7 Pre1:
• Option '--sector-size' has been added as a synonym of '--block-size';
• Remove last block of logfile if it starts at isize and is not marked as finished;
• Detect a jump back in time and adjust status;
• '--force' is now longer required for generate mode;
• New target 'install-bin' has been added.
Check out the official changelog inside the package for a complete backlog of updates and new features.
Download Ddrescue 1.7 Pre1 right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a development version and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended for testing purposes only.