Giada, a free, minimal, hardcore audio tool for DJs and live performers that can load or record up to 32 samples, is now at version 0.5.8.
Giada 0.5.6 features a live sampler from external sources, a live quantizer, a built-in wave editor, an action recorder, and a lot more tools.
Highlights of Giada 0.5.8:
• Internal samplerate conversion (with libsamplerate) is now available;
• The channels are automatically raised to full volume on sample load;
• The ability to set the audio device frequency has been implemented;
• A new "internal mute" feature has been added;
• A fix for deprecated VST opcode 14 has been added;
• The deb package issues on Ubuntu 12.10 / KXStudio have been corrected.
A complete list of updates and new features can be found in the official announcement.
Download Giada 0.5.8 right now from Softpedia.