ISC's DHCP, the most widely used open source DHCP implementation on the Internet and which is a carrier and enterprise grade solution to everyone's host configuration needs, is now at version 4.2.5.
Highlights of ISC DHCP 4.2.5:
• Only Solaris, Linux, FreeBSD, NetBSD, and OpenBSD are supported;
• The "host-identifier" option is limited to a simple token;
• Test makefiles have been modified in order to be more similar to the standard makefiles;
• A correct code to calculate timing values in client has been added in order to compare the rebind value to the infinity, instead of the renew value;
• Previously, the server code was relaxed to allow packets with zero length client ids to be processed. This is no longer the case.
A complete list of bug fixes and updates can be found in the official announcement.
Download ISC DHCP 4.2.5 right now from Softpedia.