DEFT, a Linux distribution based on Linux kernel 3 and the DART (Digital Advanced Response Toolkit) with the best freeware Windows Computer Forensic tools, is now at version 7.1.There are a lot of improvements in DEFT 7.1, including tons of updates. A complete list of changes is available in the official announcement.
Highlights of DEFT Linux 7.1:
· iPhone Backup Analyzer 10/2012 was added;
· Bulk extractor was updated to 1.2.0;
· libewf was updated to version 20120304;
· Guymager was updated to 0.6.5;
· Xplico 1.0 was added;
· OSINT Chrome browser was added (a customized Chrome with several plugins and resources to perform ‘Open Source Intelligence’ related activities);
· Hb4most and xterm’s problem were fixed;
· A Gparted problem was fixed;
· UsnJrnl-parser and lslnk Forensics tools were added.
Download DEFT Linux 7.1 right now from Softpedia.
Follow us on Google+