DEFT, a Linux distribution based on Linux kernel 3.x and the DART (Digital Advanced Response Toolkit) with the best freeware Windows Computer Forensic tools, is now at version 7.2.
There are a lot of improvements in DEFT 7.2, including tons of updates. A complete list of changes is available in the official announcement.
Highlights of DEFT Linux 7.2:
• Virtual appliance based on Vmware 5 with USB3 support has been implemented;
• Linux kernel has been updated to version 3.0.0-26;
• Autopsy 3 Beta 5 is now available, using Wine (please note that you need minimum 1GB RAM);
• Log2tmeline has been updated to version 0.65;
• Guymager was updated to version 0.6.12-1;
• Vmfs support was added;
• Some mirror fixes have been implemented;
• An English manual is now available.
Download DEFT Linux 7.2 right now from Softpedia.