Counter-Strike: Source, a game that combines the gameplay from the original Counter-Strike with the power of the Source engine, is now available on Steam for Linux.
Valve has started to release most of their games on Steam for Linux. After the original Half-Life and Counter-Strike games made their way onto Linux, it's now time for gamers to enjoy Counter-Strike: Source.
The developers also chose to update the game and implement a few fixes:
• mat_viewportupscale and mat_viewportscale have been added to enable rendering the world at a reduced resolution.
• "mat_viewportupscale 1" and "mat_viewportscale 0.5" will downscale world rendering by 50%;
• Positional audio support for Mumble clients has been added;
• A new ConVar mp_mapcycle_empty_timeout_seconds to trigger a changelevel when the server is empty has been added;
• A ConVar exploit that allowed malformed values to circumvent range checks has been fixed;
• Performance and stability improvements have been implemented.