Some of the changes also apply to the original Half-Life
After launching the original Half-Life and Counter-Strike 1.6 Beta on Steam for Linux, Valve has now started to push updates for the two games.Both games are pretty stable, especially after so many updates over the years, but it seems that the version for the Linux platform will need some further improvements.
Here are some highlights for the new Counter-Strike 1.6 update (it also applies to Half-Life):
• Enabled fully localized chat in Counter-Strike 1.6;
• Made keypad enter key submit a command in the game console;
• Fixed extra keys causing the console to toggle when using a non-QWERTY keyboard;
• Fixed maps list in New Games option not showing all available maps;
• Removed cl_rate command, "rate" is now the appropriate command to use;
• Fixed a crash when using alt-tab in software mode.
More details about Half-Life and Counter-Strike 1.6 Beta can be found on the official Steam website.