ConfigServer Firewall, an SPI iptables firewall that is straightforward, easy and flexible to configure and secure, with extra checks to ensure smooth operation, is now at version 6.01.
Highlights of ConfigServer Firewall 6.01:
• Ensure all binaries are called with their full paths for the scheduled Server Security Check reports;
• csf -u/-uf/--update and -c/--check are now allowed when csf is disabled;
• DNS query caching has been added for IP lookups during lfd process lifetime;
• The TOR rule loading has been modified to use FASTSTART in lfd if enabled;
• iptables locking has been added to the FASTSTART code;
• LF_INTERVAL now defaults to 3600 on new installations to better cope with slow brute force login attempts.
Check out the official changelog for a complete list of new features and fixes.
Download CSF 6.01 right now from Softpedia.