ConfigServer Firewall, an SPI iptables firewall that is straight-forward, easy and flexible to configure and secure with extra checks to ensure smooth operation, is now at version 5.78.
Highlights of ConfigServer Firewall 5.78:
• Due to issues that some are experiencing with the switch from the state to the conntrack module, a new setting has been added;
• An exception for the useless Virtuozzo kernels iptables implementation has been added, so that csf uses the deprecated state module instead of conntrack;
• Only add the /128 IPv6 bound address per NIC instead of the whole /64 to the local IPv6 addresses;
• SSHD and SU regexes have been modified to allow for empty hostname field in log file;
• A new option called UNBLOCK_REPORT has been added. This option will run an external script when a temporary block is unblocked.
Check out the complete changelog for a complete list of new features and fixes.
Download CSF 5.78 right now from Softpedia.