The latest version of the Cheese app can be found on Softpedia
Cheese, a Photobooth-inspired GNOME application for taking pictures and videos from a webcam which also includes graphical effects based on the gstreamer-backend, is now at version 3.7.4.Highlights of Cheese 3.7.4:
• An instance-used-via-static warning has been eliminated;
• Deprecated GFile attribute syntax has been avoided;
• Vala requirement has been bumped to 0.16.0;
• The photo-take help page has been updated;
• Instructions for capturing photo using a capture button on a webcam have been added;
• When the webcam capture button is pressed, the application takes a screenshot;
• Various translations have been updated.
A complete list of changes can be found in the official announcement.
Download Cheese 3.7.4 right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a development version and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended for testing purposes only.