Cheese, a Photobooth-inspired GNOME application for taking pictures and videos from a webcam which also includes graphical effects based on the gstreamer-backend, is now at version 3.6 RC.Cheese 3.6 RC marks the last development version before the final release, and it's packed with nice changes and translation updates:
• Dependencies for Cheese introspection Update for GStreamer 1.0 have been fixed;
• An update to the new pad template name has been implemented;
• GstCaps variable has been updated;
• CheeseCamera caps variable was removed during rebase;
• CheeseCamera recording time reporting has been fixed;
• Stop-capture is asynchronous in camerabin2.
A complete list of changes can be found in the official announcement.
Download Cheese 3.6 RC right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a development version and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended for testing purposes only.