Chakra Linux, a distribution especially built to take advantage of KDE Software Compilation and the Plasma desktop, is now at version 2012.08.
Highlights of Chakra Linux 2012.08:
• A new "Dharma" theme has been implemented;
• Appset-qt has been dropped from the distribution;
• Pacman is now the CLI frontend for package management;
• A Simple Pacman Update Notifier named "spun" was added;
• KDE was updated to version 4.9.0;
• Linux kernel has been updated to version 3.4.6 and the 3.0.35 version is optional;
• Grub2 has been added;
• Enhancements to Chakra tools like cbundle/cinstall, welcome-plasmoid, tribe and the introduction of "spun", have been added;
• xorg-server, and all the latest proprietary graphics drivers, including the all new catalyst-legacy, have been updated.
A complete list of changes and updates can be found in the official announcement.
Download Chakra Linux 2012.08 right now from Softpedia.