A lot of new features have been implemented in this version
Upstart, an event-based replacement for the /sbin/init daemon which handles the starting of tasks and services during boot, stopping them during shutdown and supervising them while the system is running, is now at version 1.6.1.Highlights of Upstart 1.6.1:
• The re-exec performance has been improved;
• Minor logger fixes for unflushed data have been implemented;
• Minor serialization data format change, to handle chroots and user sessions, is now possible;
• Extra re-exec tests including explicit upgrade tests reading from pre-prepared JSON data files have been included;
• Jobs running within a chroot log now make their output within the chroot;
• A “Restart” D-Bus method has been implemented;
• “telinit u” has been modified in order to use the “Restart” D-Bus method rather than sending SIGTERM to play nicely when busybox(1) is init;
• A “GetState” D-Bus method allowing current serialized internal state to be queried has been implemented.
Download Upstart 1.6.1 right now from Softpedia.