Canonical is hard at work on Ubuntu 13.10 (Saucy Salamander) and they've just released a small communique about the Unity progress made in the new operating system.
Canonical plans to improve Unity for Ubuntu 13.10 (Saucy Salamander), and their efforts can be easily seen in the changes they've implemented so far.
Highlights of the latest Unity updates:
• The 13.04 scopes landed on the device (Ubuntu Touch);
• The definition of the master scopes have been moved out of Unity;
• The power indicator has been merged;
• A proposal has been discussed around an alarm API that could be placed on top of the datetime indicator;
• DBusMenu bug fixes have been implemented;
• The infographics input API have been designed and packaged.
A complete list of improvement for Unity can be seen in the announcement.