Version 0.8.46 of the e-book reader and management software Calibre has been announced today, March 6th, with some important new features and fixes.
Calibre 0.8.46 comes with some interesting functionality settings and it's likely that some users will not enjoy the fact that a particular option is "on" by default.
Highlights of Calibre 0.8.46:
• When automatically adding files from a folder, the application automatically converts the files to the current output format. This option can be deactivated from Preferences;
• When reading a MOBI file that is actually a KF8 book, Calibre will identify the format as being KF8;
• Driver for PocketBook 622 was added;
• Tag browser filtering now works when capital letters are entered;
• Feedbooks store not showing all available formats has been fixed;
• Calibre now runs metadata downloads in a separate process to work around memory leaks in third party plugins.
A complete changelog can be found in the official announcement.
Download Calibre 0.8.46 right now from Softpedia.
Follow us on Google+
Calibre 0.8.46 Has Automatic Conversion
A few other functionality changes have been implemented
... so hot right now