It also brings some fixes for the new KF8 file format
Version 0.8.43 of the e-book reader and management software Calibre, has been announced on March 16th, with some important new features and fixes.Calibre 0.8.43 comes with speedup evaluation of general program mode templates and output format for the new iPad (third generation).
Highlights of Calibre 0.8.43:
• An option to not convert all images to JPEG when creating MOBI files was added. For maximum compatibility of the produced MOBI files, do not use this option.;
• iPad 3 Output Profile was added;
• Support for KF8 files with obfuscated embedded fonts was added;
• The periodical Section layout, for touchscreen devices resolving iBooks problem with tables spanning multiple pages, has been revised;
• A regression that caused the generated thumbnail embedded in Calibre was fixed.
A complete changelog can be found in the official announcement.
Download Calibre 0.8.43 right now from Softpedia.
Follow us on Google+