The latest version of CUPS can be downloaded from Softpedia
CUPS, a software used to print form applications and to convert the page descriptions, produced by applications into a signal that a printer can understand, is now at version 1.7 RC1.Highlights of CUPS (Common UNIX Printing System) 1.7 RC1:
• Printer xxx-default values are now reported by Get-Printer-Attributes;
• A build issue on ARM-based Linux systems has been corrected;
• A new ippfind tool for finding IPP printers and other Bonjour services has been added;
• The ipptool program now supports the --help and --version options;
• Some issues with conversion of PWG media size names have been fixed.
A complete changelog can be found in the official announcement.
Download CUPS 1.7 RC1 right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a development version and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended for testing purposes only.