CUPS, a software used to print form applications and to convert the page descriptions, produced by applications into a signal that a printer can understand, is now at version 1.6.2.
Highlights of CUPS (Common UNIX Printing System) 1.6.2:
• Directory, user, and groups settings are now stored in a cups-files.conf configuration file that is not accessible from the web interface;
• Local certificate authentication will protect users against empty certification files;
• The scheduler no longer approves URIs with spaces;
• A USB quirk rule for Epson Stylus Photo 750 has been added;
• The IPP backend no longer crashes when the printer is disconnected early;
• The scheduler is now compatible with MIME media types;
• Bad IPP responses no longer crash ipptool.
A complete changelog can be found in the official announcement.
Download CUPS 1.6.2 right now from Softpedia.