The latest version of BackBox can be downloaded from Softpedia
BackBox, a Linux distribution based on Ubuntu that has been developed to perform penetration tests and security assessments, is now at version 3.01.BackBox 3.01 is meant to be fast, easy to use, and to provide a minimal desktop environment. It benefits from its personal repositories and its hacking tools are always up to date to the latest and most stable versions.
Highlights of BackBox 3.01:
• The Linux kernel has been updated to version 3.2;
• Xfce has been updated to version 4.8;
• Various system improvements have been implemented;
• Upstream components were updated;
• The auditing menu has been improved;
• Wi-Fi drivers (compat-wireless aircrack patched) have been improved;
• New and updated hacking tools have been added (ex. backfuzz, beef, bluediving, cvechecker, htexploit, metasploit, set, sqlmap, websploit, weevely, wpscan, zaproxy, etc.)
Check out the official announcement for a complete list of changes and hardware requirements.
Download BackBox 3.01 right now from Softpedia.