Some additional x264 option have been unlocked in this release
Avidemux, a free video editor designed for simple cutting, filtering and encoding tasks that supports many file types including AVI, DVD, MP4, and ASF, is now at version 2.6.1.The Avidemux releases are few and far between, which is a real shame because this is a great piece of software, with multiple options.
Highlights of Avidemux 2.6.1:
• Improvements to MP4, FLV and MPEG-PS/TS demuxers have been implemented;
• The handling of input for PTS and DTS has been improved;
• External audio file support has been improved;
• Video seeking in editor now works better;
• The FFmpeg libraries have been updated;
• Additional x264 options have been restored;
• Non-blocking drag-and-drop support for Qt interface has been restored;
• Fade to Black video filter plugin has been restored.
A complete list of changes can be found in the official announcement.
Download Avidemux 2.6.1 right now from Softpedia.