Automake, a tool for automatically generating Makefile.in files compliant with the GNU Coding Standards, is now at version 1.14.Highlights of Automake 1.14:
• A new feature aimed at making the implementation of non-recursive build systems more convenient and manageable, has been added;
• The handling of C compiles now supports the conjunct use of the '-c' and '-o' options;
• New (non-fatal) runtime warnings have been added to simplify the transition to Automake 2.0;
• The 'compile' script is now unconditionally required for all packages that perform C compilation;
• Automake will automatically enhance the autoconf-provided macro AC_PROG_CC to force it to check;
• The 'shar' and 'compress' distribution formats have been deprecated.
A complete list of changes and updates can be found in the official announcement.
Download Automake 1.14 right now from Softpedia.