Stellarium 0.12.1, a free open-source planetarium app that shows a realistic sky in 3D, just like what can be seen with the naked eye, binoculars or a telescope, has been officially released.
Highlights of Stellarium 0.12.1:
• The Caldwell catalog for nebulae has been implemented;
• Star magnitude limit control has been implemented
• The textures of galaxies received significant improvements;
• Nebulae and various small GUI changes have been implemented;
• Over 30 bugs have been closed in the core application and plugins;
• The configuration file and the Solar System file have been updated;
• A delta-T manager has been implemented;
• The star catalogs (Hipparcos and Tycho-2) have been repacked.
A complete changelog of Stellarium 0.12.1 can be found in the official announcement. The developers have also recommended that the users reset all Stellarium settings.
Download Stellarium 0.12.1 right now from Softpedia.