Arch Linux, an independently developed i686/x86-64 general purpose GNU/Linux distribution that focuses on simplicity, minimalism, and code elegance, is now at version 2012.10.06.
Unlike the previous release of Arch Linux, this version comes with just a few updated packages and some bugfixes.
Highlights of Arch Linux 2012.10.06:
• systemd is now used to boot up the live system;
• initscripts are no longer available on the live system. They are still installed, by default, on the target system. This will probably change in the near future;
• EFI boot and setup has been simplified;
• gummiboot is now used to display a menu on EFI systems;
• The following new packages are available on the live system: ethtool, fsarchiver, gummiboot-efi, mc, partclone, partimage, refind-efi, rfkill, sudo, testdisk, wget, xl2tpd.
Download Arch Linux 2012.10.06 right now from Softpedia.