AntiX, a fast, lightweight and easy to install Linux Live CD distribution based on Debian Testing and MEPIS, for Intel-AMD x86 compatible systems, is now at version 12.5 Alpha 2.
AntiX 12.5 Alpha 2 comes with just a few changes and updates, but, more importantly, with a version for the 64-bit architecture.
Highlights of AntiX 12.5 Alpha 2:
• The base and the full versions now use the latest 3.6.6-antix Linux kernel;
• Core is libre using latest 3.6.6-gnu-antix Linux kernel;
• Live scripts changes now provide a lower boot time;
• dynamic fstab is now running live;
• GCC has been updated to version 4.7.1;
• Xorg has been updated to version 1.12.4-1.
Download AntiX 12.5 Alpha 2 right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a development release and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended to be used for testing purposes only.