The Alpine Team announced on November 7 that Alpine Linux 2.5.0, a community-developed operating system designed for x86 Routers, Firewalls, VPNs, VoIP and servers, is available for download.Alpine Linux 2.5.0 is just a bug fix release, which means there are only a few bugs that have been fixed and a handful of updated packages.
Highlights of Alpine Linux 2.5.0:
• Linux Kernel has been upgraded to 3.6.6, with the grsecurity patch;
• Asterisk has been updated to version 11.0.1;
• Support for Xen 4.2 Dom0 has been added;
• Freeswitch has been updated to version 1.2.0;
• PostgreSQL has been updated to version 9.2.1;
• Ruby has been updated to version 1.9.3;
• Libvirt has been updated to version 1.0;
• Xorg 1.13 and Mesa 9 are now available from repositories.
The complete changelog for Alpine Linux 2.5.0 can be found here.
Download Alpine Linux 2.5.0 right now from Softpedia.