The latest version of the Advanced Package Tool can be downloaded from Softpedia
APT (Advanced Package Tool), a set of core tools inside Debian that makes it possible to install, remove and keep applications up to date, is now at version 0.9.7.7.Highlights of APT 0.9.7.7:
• A confusing non-breaking space has been dropped;
• Plural forms in German, French, Japanese and Portuguese translations have been fixed;
• The permissions of /var/log/apt/term.log have been changed to 0640;
• The package-pointer array memory leak in ResolveByKeepInternal() has been fixed;
• pkgProblemResolver now calls MarkDelete without the FromUser set so that it can't overrule the holds and the protection flag.
A complete list of changes and updates can be found in the official announcement.
Download APT (Advanced Package Tool) 0.9.7.7 right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a beta version and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended for testing purposes only.