4MLinux, a mini Linux distro focusing on Maintenance (system rescue Live CD), Multimedia (e.g., playing video DVDs), Miniserver (using the inetd daemon) and Mystery (Linux games), is now at version 5.0 Beta.
4MLinux 5.0 integrates all the new features introduced in the previous versions and provides the latest applications, for all functions.
Highlights of 4MLinux 5.0 Beta:
• 4MLinux Backup Scripts have been updated to version 5.0;
• Clam AntiVirus was updated to version 0.97.6;
• A mini server providing support for FTP, HTTP, SSH, SFTP, and Telnet protocols has been integrated;
• A collection of small games has been added;
• The X Window System is based on X.Org Server 1.12.0, Mesa 8.0.4, and JWM 2.1.0;
A complete list of changes and updates can be found in the official announcement.
Download 4MLinux 5.0 Beta right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a beta version and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended for testing purposes only.